SKATE CLASS OVERVIEW
Learn to skateboard or take your skating to the next level at our Skate Class at the Hermosa Beach Skate Park! The class is open to boys and girls, with or without skating experience, from age 5 to 12. Participants will have exclusive use of the Skate Park to learn and practice their skills! Our coaches will provide beginner to advanced level instruction starting from the very basic, getting from A to B, to intermediate and advanced tricks including ollies, flip tricks, grinds, ramp skating and much more!
Safety is our number one priority. All campers are required to wear a helmet, elbow pads, knee pads and closed toe shoes. Our coaches are First-Aid & CPR Certified and enforce strict safety rules. They are also very talented skateboarders with a lot of knowledge to share with their campers!
Small Class Size: 16 Campers + 2 Coaches
HERMOSA BEACH // SKATE CLASS
When is it?
Saturday’s | Sept. 18 – Dec. 18
Nov. 11, 23, 24, 25,
Who Can Join?
Ages 5 to 12
Instruction for All Abilities
Over 15 years old?
Become a Skate Camp Coach or Coach in Training. Click Here to learn more!
- Coach Ratio: 1:8
- All Coaches: CPR & First-Aid Certified and Background Checked
- Pads: Campers are required to wear a helmet, elbow and knee pads at all times. Wrist-guards strongly encouraged.
- Location: Participants have exclusive use of the skate park for the duration of the class. The park is enclosed and closed to the public.
WHAT TO BRING
- Pads: Helmet, Knee & Elbow Pads (wrist guards recommended)
- Closed Toe Shoes
- *Extra pads & skateboards available on a first-come first-served basis.
PRICING & registration
$65 per session
Registration is controlled by the City of Hermosa Beach Parks & Rec Department. Clicking “Sign Up!” will transfer you to their website where you will complete registration and payment. For assistance with registration, please call 310.318.0280 or email email@example.com.